We believe that evolving into an ethical organisation is the right thing to do and is fundamentally in the best interests of the community and the organisation.
Purposeful holds itself to the highest standards possible in ethical practice and recently became the 137th certified B Corp in Australia! We are also the 4th highest scoring B Corp in Victoria, with an overall B Corp score of 129.
B Corps meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems.
- We are Foundation Members of SIMNA, Australia’s peak social impact measurement network
- Farmwall are our environmental or ‘green partners’ and we provide them with strategic consulting expertise, friendship and support throughout their startup journey
Giving back to the community every day
- We donate a minimum of 10% of our time each year to providing pro bono services to Not for Profits, Social Enterprises and Startups
- We provide a standard 10% discount on all our service offerings to B Corps and Not for Profits
- If you believe that Purposeful can assist you in this capacity please contact us via the contact form and we’ll be in touch
We are strong supporters of the Effective Altruism movement
- We donate a minimum of 10% of our annual revenue to scientifically evaluated causes, proven to have the greatest social impact per $1 spent
- We also rely on the research done by Give Well to help us decide which causes to fund each year to ensure our dolllar achieves maximum social impact
- Our current cause is Give Directly, which transfers cash to households in developing countries via mobile phone-linked payment services. It targets extremely low-income households and has transformed thousands of lives in Kenya
We believe in going ‘local first’ and supporting populations in need
- Wherever possible we source our products, supplies and services from the local community
- This is because we believe in strong sustainable business communities that support each other
- We also aim to engage underrepresented, underprivileged and underserved communities
- We look to work with women first in sourcing supplies and services for our business